THE TIME AND DATE IN TONGA IS:

21 July 2008

Guess I Adjusted

I just put on the Old Navy hoodie I brought to Tonga, because it feels pretty cold today. Then, I looked at the thermometer. It's 26 degrees C. And no, the thermometer is not in the sun. Thank you very much, human body, for adjusting to this tropical climate. Now, a Canadian winter will certainly kill me.

Tonga's "winter" right now feels more like a Canadian summer. Summer in Tonga is like winter was in Afghanistan. And I wasn't in Afghanistan in the summer, but I imagine it's pretty much like winter on the sun.

3 comments:

  1. Yes, Canadian winter will kill you, even in Victoria. I was just in Victoria and the high was 25C and the lows were around 12C.

    I recommend buying electrically heated clothes when you return to the frigid North. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could take 2 or 3 months to travel from the south pacific to canada, going to cooler and cooler places to readjust. Or you could get a job in a restaurant, and sweat your ass off infront of a grill or deep-fryer. Its funner than it sounds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. From other things I recall reading, I don't think you'll ever be ready for Canadian life again. Kind of like how I'll never be ready for a typical desk job after all that I've done in the past year with film and tv. Oh well, cursed by fun.

    ReplyDelete